Hard Drive Destruction in New Jersey
Did you know your hard drives also need to be destroyed before they leave your possession in order to be compliant with local and federal privacy laws? It is not just paper that has sensitive information—digital files are fully recoverable from an old hard drive, even if you’ve erased your files.
There is no better way than to physically destroy the hard drive in order to secure your digital data. New Jersey Document Shredding offers convenient hard drive shredding options near you.
Our local contractors pulverize your old hard drives, and can perform this service at your location or at a secure New Jersey facility. The pieces are then melted down for metal recycling to ensure absolute destruction.
There are mainly three reasons why hard drive shredding is a better solution.
- Security: there is a focus on keeping data secure through the whole process. The process complies with regulations, such as HIPAA, and overall maintaining clear form of confidentiality.
- Time Efficiency: the process focuses on your needs, so you can drop off your hard drives or, depending on local providers, simply have someone come pick them up.
- Cost: The entire process is easy and affordable. Most hard drive shredding services cost about $4-$12 per drive. The cost incurred go towards completely covering electronic assets.
Don’t forget all of the hidden hard drives in your office or home. Copy machines and fax machines also have hard drives that must be shredded before it is sent off to be recycled. These store digital images of what has been scanned and can be recovered.
Other Electronics that Contain Hard Drives Include:
- RAM and ROM-based storage devices
- Fax machines, scanners, copiers, and printers
- Biomedical devices
- Mobile devices like cell phones, smart phones, PDAs, tablets and laptops
- Legacy magnetic media like floppy drives, zip disks and magnetic tapes
- PC hard drives
- Optical media, including CDs and DVDs
- USB removable media such as pen drives, thumb drives, flash drives and sticks
- Memory cards, including SD, SDHC, MMC, compact flash, microdrive and memory sticks
- Embedded flash on boards and devices
Don’t Be Vulnerable to Cyberattacks! Get FREE Quotes on Hard Drive Destruction in New Jersey Today!
A breach of digital data can have severe repercussions. Whereas a thief might only be able to grab an armful of physical documents, a hacker can download hundreds of thousands of files in minutes. Don’t be careless with your hard drives.Ensure their destruction today by contacting New Jersey Document Shredding at (973) 685-4480, or requesting a free quote by filling out the form to the left.